Time Marching On
- Buy My Book! (Or Download It for Free if You’re Quick)
- The Good Knife
- Shoreditch and the City — Killing the Hipster Goose?
- Poetry Reading — 21st February 2015
- Before I Die
- December is for Displacement Activity
- Officially Qualified!
- My Guest Post on the Romantic Novelists’ Association Blog!
- How I Fell In Love with the Romantic Novelists’ Association New Writers’ Scheme
- This Woman’s Work
- Blogging: Blog Tour Monday. Hop Hop Hop. | emmaiswritinganovel on The Liars’ League Experience
- Michael Clarke on Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
- Jon on Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
- Anne on Blog Tour Monday
- Mike Clarke on I Mastered It!
- Bren Gosling on I Mastered It!
- Mike on Another Year Over…
- Kathy Greethurst on Another Year Over…
- Bren Gosling on The End
- Mike on The End
Hot Tagsagents art artists backstory BBC Certificate in Novel Writing course character Chilterns Creative Writing Classes deadlines dialogue Emma feedback Germany James Kim language London MA in Creative Writing Manchester Metropolitan University Metroland Poets motivation Olympics Penny Rudge planning Plot point of view pop music psychology Publishing pubs readings Research setting sex Shoreditch Structure subconscious Tate Gallery The City theme The Shard tutorials Village Underground workshops
- Guest Author – Paul McVeigh on Writing a Difficult Setting April 16, 2015
- Writers on Location – Christopher Bollen on Long Island April 9, 2015
- Writers on Location – Jill Alexander Essbaum on Zürich April 3, 2015
- "Everything About My Writing Is Awful And No, I'm Not OK." April 13, 2015
- No time to write your novel? Think about coral reefs... April 1, 2015
- Writing Emotion: is less more, and how do you make it real? March 24, 2015
- Baddies in books: Cthulhu, HP Lovecraft's tentacled terror April 21, 2015 Robert Freeman
- Has US literature woken from the American dream? April 20, 2015 Christopher Bollen
- Tips, links and suggestions: what are you reading this week? April 20, 2015 Guardian readers and Marta Bausells
- Arrivals and Departures - out now! February 1, 2015
- Poetry competition success at York Literature Festival May 9, 2014
- Fairy tale December 1, 2013
Me on Facebook
Tag Archives: gender
I revealed, rather coyly, in this blog post earlier in the year that I’d been accepted on the Romantic Novelists’ Association New Writers’ Scheme. When I mention this to people in conversation I occasionally receive the polite astonishment that I imagine a … Continue reading
In W.H.Smiths in Marylebone Station I recently spotted a new novel by Lucy Kellaway, the FT’s management correspondent, whose debunking of management theory codswallop is always entertaining. Her last novel ‘Martin Lukes: Who Moved My Blackberry’ was my holiday reading … Continue reading
Itâ€™s quite a surprise to have Â what seems an innate appreciation of an artist (in the general sense of the word) explained by reading some analysis that explains possible reasons behind a latent, unconscious bonding Â â€“ or at least have … Continue reading
We had a visit from another published course alumnus last night — Penny Rudge, author of ‘Foolish Lessons in Life and Love’, as mentioned in a previous post. I’ll blog later at more length about what she said about the … Continue reading