Time Marching On
- Before I Die
- December is for Displacement Activity
- Officially Qualified!
- My Guest Post on the Romantic Novelists’ Association Blog!
- How I Fell In Love with the Romantic Novelists’ Association New Writers’ Scheme
- This Woman’s Work
- Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
- Le Grand Départ
- Writing What You Don’t Know
- Next Stops on the Monday Blog Hop
- Blogging: Blog Tour Monday. Hop Hop Hop. | emmaiswritinganovel on The Liars’ League Experience
- Michael Clarke on Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
- Jon on Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
- Anne on Blog Tour Monday
- Mike Clarke on I Mastered It!
- Bren Gosling on I Mastered It!
- Mike on Another Year Over…
- Kathy Greethurst on Another Year Over…
- Bren Gosling on The End
- Mike on The End
Hot Tagsagents art artists backstory BBC Certificate in Novel Writing course character Chilterns Creative Writing Classes deadlines dialogue Emma feedback Germany James Kim language London MA in Creative Writing Manchester Metropolitan University Metroland Poets motivation Olympics Penny Rudge planning Plot point of view pop music psychology Publishing pubs readings Research setting sex Shoreditch Structure subconscious Tate Gallery The City theme The Shard tutorials Village Underground workshops
- Writers on Location – Peter Nichols on Mallorca January 29, 2015
- Guest Author – Shelley Harris on Writing a hero from the inside January 22, 2015
- Writers on Location – Philip Teir on Helsinki January 15, 2015
- Ring-fencing Writing Time January 29, 2015
- Getting from one scene to the next January 22, 2015
- The Itch of Writing Bookself 3: H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald January 20, 2015
- Choose February’s Reading group book: Recent favourites January 30, 2015 Sam Jordison
- Colleen McCullough’s The Thorn Birds helped me get over heartbreak January 29, 2015 Alison Flood
- TV books programmes: if nobody watches them, make better ones January 29, 2015 Alex Clark
- What am I doing? June 15, 2014
- New Year, new direction January 1, 2014
- 420+ writers and lovers of children's books protest to The Times December 5, 2013
- THE SIGNS -A short story by Michael Braga Oct 2010 October 10, 2010
- Friday thoughts on a Monday afternoon September 6, 2010
- The pursuit of sadness August 25, 2010
- Poetry competition success at York Literature Festival May 9, 2014
- Fairy tale December 1, 2013
- Scrambled poem September 1, 2013
Me on Facebook
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Here are a couple of contrasting photos taken in the last eighteen hours of the different aspects of England that feature in the novel. The first is one of the photos I took on the fascinating Love Art London graffiti … Continue reading
The last post dwelt on art at the celebrity and ‘major gallery spaces’ level Â (asÂ Time OutÂ describes them). But my novel is about an artist trying to make a living, someone who doesn’t have the reputation of Picasso or Hirst nor … Continue reading
When I started writing the novel there were certain themes that I thought IÂ was fairly knowledgeable about: pubs, for example — I knew a lot about those. And food. And London geography and the pleasures of the Chilterns. And Germany … Continue reading