Time Marching On
- Michael Clarke on Selfie Stick
- Katy on Selfie Stick
- Mike Clarke on Paris Mon Amour — Très Bonnes Nouvelles pour Mon Amie
- Jon Appleton on Paris Mon Amour — Très Bonnes Nouvelles pour Mon Amie
- Michael Clarke on Cereal Offenders
- Moira Garland on Cereal Offenders
- Michael Clarke on My Guest Post on the Romantic Novelists’ Association Blog!
- Edith on My Guest Post on the Romantic Novelists’ Association Blog!
- Blogging: Blog Tour Monday. Hop Hop Hop. | emmaiswritinganovel on The Liars’ League Experience
- Michael Clarke on Virtual Graduation Ceremony — I’m Now Officially an MA!
Hot Tagsagents art artists backstory BBC Certificate in Novel Writing course character Chilterns Creative Writing Classes deadlines dialogue Emma feedback Germany James Kim language liars league London MA in Creative Writing Manchester Metropolitan University Metroland Poets motivation Olympics planning Plot point of view pop music psychology Publishing pubs readings Research setting sex Shoreditch Structure subconscious Tate Gallery The City theme The Shard tutorials Village Underground workshops
- Abiola Oni announced as winner of the BAME Short Story prize June 25, 2016 Nikesh Shukla
- Flash Friday: 3 Stories of God by Joy Williams June 24, 2016 Joy Williams
- Food in books: gravlax on rye from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo June 23, 2016 Kate Young
Me on Facebook
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Here are a couple of contrasting photos taken in the last eighteen hours of the different aspects of England that feature in the novel. The first is one of the photos I took on the fascinating Love Art London graffiti … Continue reading
The last post dwelt on art at the celebrity and ‘major gallery spaces’ level Â (asÂ Time OutÂ describes them). But my novel is about an artist trying to make a living, someone who doesn’t have the reputation of Picasso or Hirst nor … Continue reading
When I started writing the novel there were certain themes that I thought IÂ was fairly knowledgeable about: pubs, for example — I knew a lot about those. And food. And London geography and the pleasures of the Chilterns. And Germany … Continue reading